Monday, August 27, 2012

PHOTOGRAPHY: First Formal Couple Shoot

 Today I helped my parents do some moving prep for repainting. Of course I was unable to help that much with how my back has been, but in the process I found some of their old albums. Have you ever looked at old photos from the 70's or 80's? I saw their wedding pictures and the "touch-up" effect was just blurring the entire image so you couldn't see the finer details. It actually is really shocking how much photography has changed in only a few decades. It's still kind of a shame how good the quality of photos digital cameras can produce; it makes people think that anyone can be a photographer. I still believe that some people just have a talent for capturing the best of a moment, regardless of the quality of the camera.

I recently did a shoot where I had two models for the first time. They didn't know eachother at all, In fact I lumped a person I had recently met and who wanted some fresh photos, with a model my friend found on ModelMayhem (James and Chelsea). We ended up doing two shoots in two different styles. The first one was at a really gorgeous area with bold rock features. Here are some of the ones I did of the two of them together in the first area (the low res versions):









I'll admit it was a little hard working with James that day, because he was a bit stiff, but he wasn't really a model. I learned a lot from shooting with two models. It was a little awkward because they didn't know eachoher. I'd like to try another couple shoot with both being professionals, then I feel I can really get some great chemistry. We had a lot of fun and I got completely fried. My cohort Katy was there as well. We both got a lot of great shots; we used two separate cameras and helped each other with the lighting. I'll show more of this shoot tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment