Monday, July 30, 2012

PHOTOGRAPHY: Software


Now editing is where I spend the most time. Without much money I never had any type of photoshop in the past, so my ability to clean up or stylize a photo was very limited. It was almost enough to cry, but emotion is so last season.

One morning, as I casually scanned the internet and became quite lost in the webbing, I discovered a add for a photo editing program that was on sale for three days. Bright-eyed and excited for something to up the quality of my work, I downloaded the trial. Then I fell in love. We are in a very comfortable relationship now, though there are plenty of fights.

The program I now use, and have soo much fun playing around with is Photoshop Lightroom 3.


The interphase is really easy, and there are many ways in which I can alter and create photographs in my very own way. It took me a while to get the hang of it. I end up learning how to use something from messing around, not reading instructions. If I get too carried away, the program tends to get a little overloaded, though. The results are fantastic, but there are limits and someday I would love to get a program like photoshop where I can do more digital alterations. Until then,  the exploration of some free ones should prove quite entertaining.

Here are examples of some of my earlier edits before and after:

BEFORE




AFTER

BEFORE
AFTER



No comments:

Post a Comment